A brow lift, or forehead lift, is a popular cosmetic procedure for reducing wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes. Outpatient procedures take 45 to 90 minutes.
A Brow Lift Procedure
Through surgery, a brow lift helps raise the eyebrows and forehead to restore a youthful appearance. The type of sedation or anesthesia you will require will depend on your health, preferences, and the scope of your procedure.
Recovery periods last for 10 to 14 days, but there are several factors that affect the time to recover.
There are three types of brow lifts a coronal forehead lift, an endoscopic brow lift, and a temporal forehead lift.
Coronal Forehead Lift
The eyebrows and forehead are lifted with this procedure. A smooth hairline is created by incising and pulling back the hairline and then the forehead is repositioned using stitches. The surgery can be performed through an eyebrow incision or through the hairline at the back of the head.
Endoscopic Brow Lift
Endoscopic brow lifts are minimally invasive procedures that offer quick recovery and no visible scarring. Incisions are made in the natural hairline and then gradually moved upward, removing excess skin and lifting the brow for a youthful appearance.
Temporal Forehead Lift
The temporal forehead is also minimally invasively. This surgical procedure is ideal for patients who want to look younger, but do not want to undergo a complicated operation. You can achieve results similar to those of a more invasive procedure but with less downtime for recovery.
Taking Care of Your Skin After Surgery
The forehead lift can remove wrinkles in the skin, making the forehead appear smoother for at least a decade. Mini-forehead lifts may last less than ten years. Coronal lifts may last more than ten years.
Skin health depends on two proteins: collagen and elastin. Your skin’s elasticity and flexibility are determined by your collagen levels, while the strength of your facial tissues is determined by elastin levels.
Here are some simple ways to take care of your skin:
1. Drink plenty of water Besides being essential for your entire body, water can also benefit your skin. As you drink more water, your body releases excess toxins that may have accumulated over time. These toxins can cause dry, flaky skin. Maintaining a sufficient amount of water on the surface of your skin will make it smoother and more elastic.
2. Follow a healthy diet. Good nutrition is essential for healthy skin.
3. Quit smoking. Smokers are three times more likely to develop wrinkles and age spots than nonsmokers. Smoking harms the proteins that keep your skin looking young and vibrant.
4. Quit or drink less alcohol. Reducing your alcohol consumption improves skin health and hydration. Drinking alcohol in moderation can help maintain the production of skin proteins.
5. Wear sunscreen regularly. When you don’t wear sunscreen, you subject your skin to the harmful UV rays of the sun. These rays damage skin proteins, which then lead to signs of rapid aging.
Consult Rowe Plastic Surgery
Patients in New Jersey have enjoyed a greater sense of self-confidence and a more youthful appearance after seeing Dr. Rowe and Dr. Pierce. Find out if a brow lift surgery is right for you by scheduling a consultation. You can also reach us by phone at (732) 335-6736. We are located at 333 Broad Street, Red Bank, NJ 07701.
Posted in: Latest News