Non-invasive skin tightening treatments are procedures to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the deepest layers of your skin. The non-surgical devices used for these procedures are able to shrink tissue that has lost tone and elasticity. A majority of the available devices use either laser energy, radiofrequency energy (RF), ultrasound energy or a combination of two of these energies to target specific areas of your skin and promote skin tightening. Some of these treatments can also smooth cellulite by targeting your fibrous tissue. The number of treatments you will need will vary based on your needs.
The Benefits of Non-invasive Skin Tightening
Some of the benefits of non-invasive skin tightening include:
- Tightening mild to moderately loose skin on your face, neck or body without surgery or scars
- A noticeable lifting effect after several treatments
- Little to no downtime
- Low-risk procedure
- An in-office procedure that is usually performed in less than one hour
- Results that last for a significant amount of time
You may not notice results right away but they usually appear gradually over several weeks or sometimes months after your treatment.
Non-Invasive Skin Tightening Treatments
Non-invasive skin tightening procedures can be used in several areas of your body to achieve results, for example:
- The CoolSculpting® procedure is an FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges under your chin and along your jawline. It is also used to treat other areas of your body such as your thighs, stomach, flank, back fat and the area underneath your buttocks, as well as your upper arms.
- Microneedling can be used to reduce the stretch marks and resurface the skin on your face, neck, chest as well as your hands, knees, and abdomen. Microneedling improves the texture of your skin by reducing your fine lines and wrinkles and improving your skin tone and pigmentation.
- Ultrasound can target and treat your skin by heating your skin, at a specific depth, to promote the production of collagen and elastin. It has been used for an eyebrow lift, providing definition to your jawline, improving the area under your chin, tightening abdominal skin, reducing your belly bulge, and shrinking your love handles. You can begin to see results in 2 to 3 months and they can last up to a year with good at-home skincare.
- Radiofrequency (RF) treatments can trigger collagen production by targeting the epidermal layers of your skin so you can achieve a firmer and smoother appearance. RF treatments are used on your face, neck, hands, and body and can be performed in-office with little to no downtime. To achieve optimal results, a series of 2 to 6 treatments may be recommended so you can achieve the results you need.
- A combination of IPL/RF Treatments to heat the deep layers of your skin allows the doctors at Rowe Plastic Surgery to treat your skin at multiple levels and focus the RF energy for a more effective treatment.
There are so many options available today for tightening your skin without needing to undergo surgery. If you want to tighten your skin, please call the office of Rowe Plastic Surgery at (732) 639-5661 to schedule a consultation. Or you can click here to request an appointment.
Posted in: Non-Surgical